- Human Trafficking – free course in iTunes that provides a comprehensive discourse on domestic and global human trafficking by examining various forms of human trafficking from a social justice lens.
- The Global Slavery Index – country by country ranking of the number of people in modern slavery, as well as an analysis of the actions governments are taking to respond, and the factors that make people vulnerable.
- Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons (U.S. Department of State) – information and resources including the Trafficking in Persons report.
- The Polaris Project – information and resources on human trafficking.
- Not for Sale – non-profit focusing on supporting fair trade enterprises.
- United Nations Human Trafficking (section of website) – information and resources on human trafficking throughout the world.
- The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) – resources and information on how the FBI investigates and prosecutes human trafficking in the U.S.
- Slavery Footprint – interactive webpage and discussion tool.
- Identify and Assist a Trafficking Victim – guidelines and advice from the U.S. Department of State.
The Making of a Girl – journey of a hypothetical preteen girl as she faces a life of sexual exploitation. Narrated by Rachel Lloyd, founder of Girls Educational and Mentoring Services (GEMS).
Very Young Girls – documentary from the Girls Education and Mentoring Service (GEMS).
Girl Scouts Sex Trafficking PSA – Public service announcement written and Directed by the Girl Scouts of Severna Park, MD.
What I’ve Been Through Is Not Who I Am – short documentary, featuring Katrina, whose childhood as a good student in a middle class home abruptly ends when she is manipulated and sold for sex by a trafficker.
Human Trafficking is All Around You, This is How it Works – TED Talk by journalist Noy Thrupkaew.
Tricked – collection of segments produced by Fairfax County Public Schools to educate students about the scouting and trapping techniques that traffickers use in order to help them protect themselves. With testimony from survivors and a former trafficker, combined with information from law enforcement and social workers, Tricked gives students and parents the tools they need to recognize and prevent potentially harmful situations.
Rachel Moran: My Journey Through Prostitution – author, activist and survivor Rachel Moran discusses her life as a prostituted person in her book “Paid for: My Journey Through Prostitution.”
PBS Frontline “Sex Slaves” – undercover journey deep into the world of sex trafficking, following one man determined to rescue his wife who was kidnapped and sold into the global sex trade.